Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

PESTS CONTROLLED

Happy Thursday Everyone~

I finished up my soap and water pesticide Monday of this week and my results turned out great. It seems that indirect application of the soap and water was a more effective way to administer that pesticide, but I don't think I will be using that on my garden maybe just around the house.

This week I started another trial of pesticides. I am using neem oil mixed with canola oil, neem oil and soap mixed in water (again), and soap mixed in water (again). I do not have a control group, instead I am seeing which pesticide works better on the same batch of crickets. So far after just the first day neem oil/canola oil killed off 75% of my initial cricket population in all 3 containers. The other 2 pesticides produced similar results after day one as the first time I tried them. This is great news, I can use neem oil directly to my garden and not worry about harming the plants health. Looking forward to next semester in STEM!!! Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Peace
Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment