Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Almost Forgot...

Happy Thursday Everyone~

I almost forgot to share my final results of the last trial I did. Matt and I decided to test the pesticides side by side only for direct treatment. We wanted to see if the results were consistent using the same batch of crickets as opposed of one batch of crickets dedicated to one pesticide. I tested Soap and Water, Neem oil and Soap, and Neem oil and Canola oil. I did not conduct an experiment with Neem oil and Canola before this test so I was very excited and had a hunch that it would work the best. Surprise surprise.. it out performed the other 2 solutions by a long shot. I had a 100% death rate after the 6 day trial and needless to say it is the best pest control for my application at home. I have sprayed my pallet beds once a week for the past 2 weeks and added a mixture of diatomaceous earth/cayenne pepper over the top of the soil in each row. So far I have been pest free and feline free (cats apparently hate chili pepper :). Im excited to report that my poster in nearly done and I cannot wait to present it at Estrella Mountain. Hope everyone is keeping on track, have a good weekend.

Peace,
Jenni 





































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment