Pages

Friday, September 26, 2014

Lettuce, Basil, and Wheat Grass

Happy Friday Everyone~

Last week I finished my 'Wickinponics' setup and have been monitoring it this week. I decided to plant Lettuce, Greek Basil, and Wheat Grass because they are relatively easy to grow, stay fairly small, and they're edible! I thought I planted the seeds perfect but as it turns out, the seeds were drowning and so far not germinating. So as a back up, I made some simple potters out of news paper, filled with a little vermiculite, placed seeds of each, and put them in the grow chamber this past Tuesday. Still no sign of life as of today; hopefully they will sprout over the weekend and come Tuesday or Wednesday I can transplant them into their new homes with the golden girls.:)

Here are some pics:
Poster I made explaining how each system works and how I am integrating the two.




Seedling in the chamber of growth!!

Meet the Golden Girls!




Have a great Weekend Everyone
Peace,
Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment