Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Come here fishy fishy..

Happy Thursday Everyone~

Ah..So I have math exams back to back tonight and I am super nervous! I am however taking a break from studying to blog about my research project. Matt and Josh have guided me through the preliminary steps on constructing stable platforms for my 2 aqua-wicking systems. As of yesterday I finished assembling the structures and made templates for my styrofoam boards that my plants will wick from. I have included lots of visuals-
Assembly required! This is a before picture
I needed to move this fish tank to another room so... syphon faster!!

Brilliant idea from Josh. "Just heat the knife on the hot plate then cut the styrofoam ..like butter".
Worked amazingly, thanks Josh

Almost there, this is how I left it on Wednesday. Both tanks are full of water, larger tank
has three fish while the smaller only occupies two.

Template for small tank will house 4 plants comfortably.

Large tank will house 6 plants, hopefully comfortably.


Its coming along!! YEY. Im still thinking of edible plants to grow that wont get too big or too tall, maybe some butter lettuce, romaine, and other leafy greens. Hope everyone is moving along on their projects. Have a great weekend:)

Peace,
Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment