Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

20 - 3 = 17....right???

Happy Thursday Everyone,

I missed blogging last week and need to update you all on my cricket project. As many of you know I am testing different natural pesticides to decrease a 20 count cricket population in 2 different habitat settings. My first round of testing did not produce any valuable statical differentiation between indirect and direct application of diatomaceous earth. I did a second round testing the same pesticide and doubling the analysis period but noticed after the 3rd day that my crickets were breeding!! This was very unexpected and I was going to quit the project and immediately start another one. Instead I talked to Matt and I am continuing this project to see where it will lead me. I finished my second round of testing this past Monday, turned in my results to Matt, and my data still showed insignificant statistics. Im not giving up though, I am moving on to my next pesticide - neem oil- to see if I can get better results. Hope everyone is doing well, have a great week off:)

Peace
Jenni


the cricket in the top right corner is a newbe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment