Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Happy Thursday Everyone

This week Matt was able to buy my first batch of crickets for my first natural pesticide experiment using diatomaceous earth suspended in water. Luckily I had a friend with me who helped put 10 crickets in each of the 9 containers. I didn't think I would be squeamish around a bunch of crickets but turns out I freak out at insects that JUMP!! It took about 30 min just to get them in their habitat because I had to make sure I counted 10 crickets in each one. There are 3 control groups, 3 direct application groups, and 3 indirect application groups. After I had them properly dispersed I recorded the population after 1 hr, then again at 24hr. I noticed a decrease in population after a 24 hr period but not sure if it was from the pesticide or if crickets are cannibalistic. I think I will wait until 72 hr (tomorrow) to make an more legitimate assumption. Until then here are some pictures -




Peace, 

Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment