Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Gobble Gobble

Happy Wednesday Everyone ~

I am pleased to report that the lactobacillus I put in one of my tanks is proving to work! I checked and double checked the pH (before and after) and thus far the pH has dropped from 8.7 to 7.5, still not the ideal pH for the system (a pH of 6.5 is the goal) but its a huge step in the right direction. Since this proved to work like a charm I went ahead and inoculated more TSB tubes with lactobacillus yesterday. I went to lab this morning expecting cloudy tubes full of bacteria but they weren't ready; I suspect it was too cold were I left them and inhibited reproduction. They should be ready to go come Monday next week:) My goal by the end of this semester is to stabilize both tanks with the ideal pH of 6.5. Here are some pics:
12 tubes inoculated with Lactobacillus
Found this guy outside under one of my chairs, it was dead when
 I found it so I thought I'd bring it to lab to play with it!


I went on a night hike/run this past Monday and thought I'd share this view up at North Mt.

Happy Turkey Weekend Stemmers!

Peace,
Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment