Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Week 1 of Project

Happy Thursday. Today was my first day in lab. Joshua had me watch vidoes of lab safety and protocols all which I found very useful since it has been a while since I have been in a lab. NOTE: PHENOL IS DANGEROUS! When I was finished watching the videos Joshua asked me to search how to perform a bacteria "streak" and what the difference was between that and a  bacteria "lawn". Apparently a streak technique is used to isolate a bacteria colony for further testing and a lawn technique is used to test bacteria sensitivities to antibiotics, garlic, and detergents. So after my 5 minute research I performed this procedure and sent my unknown #27 into incubation. We will see if my technique produces results on Monday:)

Day 1-

No comments:

Post a Comment